The Cannonball

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Apr 23 07:09:10 EDT 2005

The Walthers car with the blue letterboard is a model of an ex-NKP car. At
least one of them got repainted with a tuscan red letterboard before N&W
went to blue. They ran briefly on the ex-NKP trains after the 1964 merger.
After they were discontinued, they ran on ex-Wabash trains. And, yes, they
were in this color scheme when sold to Amtrak.   Jim Nichols