Assistance/P2K 2-8-8-2

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Feb 23 17:05:05 EST 2005

I would like to make a request of those persons who had purchased the
Life-Like P2K 2-8-8-2: I happened to buy one of these engines (N&W 2019
with the 16 tender) recently from a private owner, and there was no papers
included with the engine, and the drawbar was broken while the engine was
being shipped to me. Since this is a unique type of drawbar on this model,
can any of you help me with finding a replacement drawbar for my engine?
Lois J. Ponton
ljp611 at ntelos.net
N&W Williamson WV East Yard &Engine Terminal

Lois-

Been there, done that.  Contact Life Like (contact info is at http://www.lifelikeproducts.com/ ) and tell them you need part number 121 for the USRA 2-8-8-2 Locomotive .  I'd order two (just in case another one breaks), and order a "USRA 2-8-8-2 Locomotive and Tender Operating Instructions" while you're at it.

(I assume you're talking HO scale, not N scale.)

Tom Black