Assistance/P2K 2-8-8-2

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Feb 23 13:23:03 EST 2005

On 2/22/2005, Lois Ponton wrote:

>I would like to make a request of those persons who had purchased the
>Life-Like P2K 2-8-8-2: I happened to buy one of these engines (N&W 2019
>with the 16 tender) recently from a private owner, and there was no papers
>included with the engine, and the drawbar was broken while the engine was
>being shipped to me. Since this is a unique type of drawbar on this model,
>can any of you help me with finding a replacement drawbar for my engine?

Lois,

If Life-Like can't help, I can provide one.  I fried one of my locomotives
a couple of Christmases ago, and have set it aside to replace the drive
train.  In the interim, I came across a replacement almost for free.  I
would be willing to sacrifice the drawbar on the fried one.  I think,
however, that Life-Like will probably replace it for you if you give them a
call.  If you need a copy of the parts list for the locomotive, I can scan
one and email it to you.

Cheers,
Kert Peterson
Fircrest, WA
kertp at comcast.net

Modeling the Norfolk and Western Ry in 1951, when Precision Transportation
was still steam powered!