Y3 Frame - > Y6 Shell

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Feb 7 22:16:14 EST 2005

Y3 and Y6 running gear look pretty much alike. Get a Y3 with the
wishbone bridgepipe. You will still need to make some modification of
the front steps, and you may want to beef up the frame in this area to
simulate the cast bedframe of the Y6.  Your biggest problem will be
adapting the Rivarossi boiler to fit on the LifeLike running gear. But
it is a good idea. Let us know how it works out.  Jim Nichols