P2K 2-8-8-2

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Jan 21 10:51:00 EST 2005

RE: your problems with the BLI A. These locos NEED to be lubed, particularly the side rods and stuff, which is something which is mentioned in BLI's literature and in several of the reviews I have read. Running mine just out of the box at a club show, I noticed some binding and "squeaking" and one of the other members mentioned that he had lubed his and it was running just fine. The only other problem I have had, which applies to all Version 2 QSI decoders is that my Digitrax system was not properly operating the various functions. I have since found that Digitrax' DCS100 Command stations manufactured before 1998, which is mine, do not support the new 12 function protocol found in the QSI system, just the older 8 function protocol. This can be remedied with a $35.00 chip replacement in the DCS100. Thanks for the info on the Digitrax function problem to Digitrax' web site, which responded to my inquiry in less than a day, and to Bill Cox of Trains Unlimited.
Dan Mulhearn
Pipestem WV