P2K 2-8-8-2

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Jan 13 02:24:59 EST 2005

They didn't cheat.  All modern freight steam engines had a "hooter"
whistle, like the Broadway-Limited engine has.
Here is a sound clip of the 1218, but the Y's were the same, to ease your
mind.  If yours sounds like this, you are good to go.
It's a wonderful sound, isn't it.

http://home.columbus.rr.com/miketrac/Awhistle.wav

Mike Rector

PS... I hope you all are writing to Life-Like, and Broadway Limited,
begging them to do some more N&W steam. We sure need a Y6b.