Steam decals

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Nov 29 23:10:34 EST 2004

Ah, that was definately a non standard application if there ever was
one. The 821 at Shaffers Crossing is also the only steam locomotive
that I have ever seen that carried an N&W herald. It was only for a
short while, something the folks at Shaffers did in their spare time.

The G-1 tank is tiny and I believe that lettering was a variation of
the 1920 or so lettering style. I'll have to see what I have for a
photo of that. I know the No. 6 at VMT was last lettered by the N&W in
the late 1960s after vandalism, it has been taped over and repainted
several times since then.  I suspect that the Microscale set is for
modern steam, ie Ys, Js, As S1/S1a etc. since only two of the G-1's
were in service in the post war era, it may be a bit tough to get them
included.

Ken Miller