Steam decals

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Nov 29 09:14:10 EST 2004

Listers  -

Let me piggyback on Rick's request and ask if anyone knows of the proper
decal set to use for the 1955 version of the RS-3 or GP-9 N&W placed in
service in the Durham area.  From the pictures I have seen, they appear
to be similar, but not identical, to the lettering on a tender, but I
can't find a decal or 'rub on' that matches.  Also, I've only seen B&W
photos.  It appears that the engine is totally black, other than
lettering and numbers.  Is that correct?  I sent an email asking if they
had ever considered doing the RS-3 in the original N&W scheme.  In
response, they had not, but gave some slight hope that they would
consider it in the future.  Maybe more emails would push them to do so.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Bill Smith