10250!?

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Aug 26 10:41:30 EDT 2004

I saw in a string of coal hoppers and gondolas a hopper that had what looked
to be twin bellys underneath instead of slopes and the doors.  The car was a
NS and it had number 10250.  Further down the string  was 10103, which was
also set up the same way.  I was traveling on Metrorail from Springfield to
Crystal City so I was unable to see both the number and hopper designation.
Anybody know about these cars?

Also, If you haven¹t heard, John Armstrong, the O scale Model RR writer has
passed away.  He wrote ³Track Planning for Realistic Operation² for Kalmbach
decades ago.

Mark Lindsey