Lambert's Point Turntable

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Jul 6 09:51:17 EDT 2004

I'm into 7-1/2" gauge 1.6 scale "Live Steam" railroading.   I would like
to build a 1.6in/ft model of the Lambert's Point turntable, or a similar
Thru-truss turntable.  I shot lots of 35mm and 16mm in the late 50's of
the N&W, and have several photos of the turntable, but I have no
dimensions.  I'm sort of a stickler for getting the dimensions correct
and hate to scale photos.

Does anyone know of any magazine or other source for these drawings or
specs.  Last year, I wrote the N&WHS President and was told that nothing
had yet been found on turntables in the N&WHS Archives.

Thank you,
Ron Peisker