Fwd: VAC&R Co

Fri Apr 26 19:56:45 EDT 2024

Sorry, forgot the attachment.
Jim

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Jim Cochran <jimdcochran at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Apr 26, 2024 at 7:54 PM
Subject: VAC&R Co

As near as I can read, the Virginia Anthracite Coal and Railway Company
operated independently for about 9 years before being taken into the N&W.
The attached photo shows their coach #5 and since it is not #1, I am
assuming it had at least a few brothers/sisters.  The photo also shows it
was built by Jackson & Sharp who I believe built some passenger equipment
for the N&W.  My question is, did the N&W take over the VAC&R equipment and
if so, did they repaint it and bring it into the roster of N&W equipment?
Do the ORERs of this period reflect the  VAC&R fleet and do they show
transitions from  VAC&R to N&W?  Are there annual reports for  VAC&R
showing their equipment and changes therein?
Any information will be greatly appreciated,
Jim Cochran