More Sad News

Sat Apr 13 12:03:53 EDT 2024

I contacted Ken after learning of Jeff's passing yesterday.  Jeff was a
great guy and loved railroading.   He followed in his Dad's footsteps - his
Dad was a N&W conductor out of Williamson and #1 in Conductor seniority at
his time of his retirement. Growing up he lived in a house overlooking the
Williamson Yard.  We became good friends during the planning and execution
of the Pikeville/Buchanan Branch Convention a number of years ago.  We also
did a lot of railfanning and hanging out together during other Conventions
before and after the Pikeville/Buchanan Branch Convention including our
last Convention in Beckley.  He was a great guy and will be missed by those
who were his friends and many others.

Ed Painter - NWHS member #73 - from Narrows, VA living in Cohutta, GA