another tidbit inspired by the articles Marty shared

Mon Apr 8 09:22:35 EDT 2024

 Kim.
Was she still living in Bluefield then?  As I said, I found the house. Elaborate, if you will, more about the family background.  Do you have any artifacts of Al's Pokey Division days? Several years ago, some of the illustrations from those articles were on Ebay; I regret not pursing them.
Tim HensleyPresident, N&WHSKenova, WV

    As Marty shared the articles my great-grandfather wrote, I first read my grandmother's copies when I was 12- or 13-years old.  I don't know why it took so long for that to happen as I was an avid reader.       The backdrop to this, nobody knew my Grandmother's age, not even her sons!  Back in the day, you did NOT ask a woman her age.  Forbidden territory.  Holy Grail.         Well, Al Hock discloses when his children were born.  When I finished with the articles and returned them to my grandmother, I said to her, "I now know how old you are. You were born April 7.  And I'm not saying a word to anyone!"  She had a huge smile, not saying a word.       My grandmother and I had a special relationship that would play out in the later years of her life.  It wasn't until years later I revealed her age.       Kim   Huntsville, AL  ________________________________________