signaling (was signal brackets)

Fri Mar 29 15:11:31 EDT 2024

Stop and Proceed to differentiate it from Stop and Stay. Stop and Stay was an absolute signal found at interlocking and control points and for entry into single track in non-CTC territory. Stop and Proceed was a permissive signal and in general was found on intermediate signals.

The center lights provided no additional information since they were always on. Whether the aspect was horizontal,  vertical, or 45 degrees (either way), the center light was on. The only place they were useful after conversion to color position was on the bottom head where red horizontal over a single center red was Stop and Stay while red horizontal with a number plate was Stop and Proceed.

--
Larry Stone
lstone19 at stonejongleux.com