signal brackets

Thu Mar 28 20:56:53 EDT 2024

All…

Dare I try this again? Ha! Sometimes the internet is not our friend.
My apologies for sounding so daft. I tend to dwell in the B&O signal
world more...but I digress.

Clearing out the clutter of that very long winded discussion. I want
to emphasize that the photo in question was taken in the 2000’s. By
that time, the B&O diamond and signal visible on John's attachment
were gone.  I have attached a screen shot from the NS track chart of
1996 which shows the arrangement as it was at the time of the photo.
As you can see, the B&O is gone, the additional home signal for the
diamond is also gone. Also note the track speeds by this
time...35/30...30 mph being defined as "Medium Speed"....

To that end, the bracket post is the home signal for CP Chillicothe.
Careful eyes will see the switch machine next to the track a bit
beyond the signal.

I "think" we have it sorted now... the BEST signal a westbound train
could get at this point in history (2000's) when this photo was taken
would be "Approach Diverging" (N&W/NS Rule 282) on either track

Eric
Formerly from MP N684 on the Columbus District