clerestory roofs

Wed Feb 21 17:17:24 EST 2024

Jim,The following link might give you some insight.https://www.midcontinent.org/rollingstock/dictionary/creamervents.htmThere are probably some better explanations on the web if you research hard enough.Jimmy LisleSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: NW Mailing List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org> Date: 2/21/24  2:05 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: NW Mailing List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org> Subject: clerestory roofs Hoping one or more experts out there are somewhat knowledgeable on passenger car roofs.  It is my understanding that prior to air conditioning the vents in clerestory roofs somehow provided air flow into the car.  Does anyone know how they operated.  Also, some pictures show what appear to be screens over the vents (perhaps to exclude cinders, birds and other unwanted items from entering the car).Any and all information will be appreciated,Jim Cochran