N&W Y6a 2156

Wed Oct 18 11:10:06 EDT 2023

To finally add to this, I found a letter in the Archives, from C.E. Pond dated April 20, 1959 that included the following wording:

"Our Management has decided to-donate Class Y6a Loco­motive No. 2156, with Tender No. 220082, to the National Museum of Transport, St. Louis, Mo.”

The tenders on the newer steam, such as the Y6a/Y6b/A/J from studying the available lists, seemed to be very rarely be swapped around. The Class J carried the same tanks on every list from the beginning.

Best
Ken Miller