Class J/K class lights

Tue Oct 10 10:53:37 EDT 2023

Jimmy,
I don't have the pictures handy but along the bottom of one I'm sure I saw some dark green paint and the wood it was on looked in very bad shape. Maybe not rot but in poor condition.
Roger HuberDeer Creek Locomotive Works

 Roger,I don't see enough wood to even have "a lot of rot".BTW, the photos were taken recently.
Jimmy Lisle

Most voltages I've seen on steamers was 32vdc.
Don't know when these pictures were taken but it looks like the cab wood has a lot of rot. Roger HuberDeer Creek Locomotive Works

 That voltmeter runs pretty high. What were typical voltages in that day and age? 48volts sticks in my head?
Nice photos, Jimmy. Please pass along a thanks to Chad.
Matt

There was some discussion about the lighting of the streamlined class lights on the Class J & K locos. With the help of my friend Chad Jordan, he has passed along a photo of the switchbox inside the cab of the 611 that shows how the switch selects each color to be displayed. Note, "white to the left, "green" to the right.

<20231005_103241.jpg>

<20231005_103241(1).jpg>

<42870.jpeg>

Jimmy Lisle