Norfolk Depot for N&P

Mon Oct 9 12:33:59 EDT 2023

Abe

Attached is the Sanborn Fire Map for overall Norfolk from 1882 courtesy of the Library of Congress, showing the Norfolk depot and area. Most likely, this was also the N&P depot, or site for such, based on the descriptions. It is a smaller depot, and the location is close to where the later Norfolk Union Terminal would be.

Prince’s reference is an N&W Magazine article from August 1923 and quotes it almost word-for-word. Which I suspect was mostly taken from old Annual Reports. I do not have my N&P or SS Annual reports handy at the moment.

Best
Ken Miller