Bells

Sun Sep 24 14:58:09 EDT 2023

Jack,
     The following is from the N&W Operating Rule book in effect as of
Nov.18, 1951: "/Rule #30 - The engine bell must be rung when an engine
is about to move, while approaching and passing public crossings at
grade from each crossing whistle post tothe crossing, when passing
through tunnels and yards, through or over streets, and when passing
trains on two or more tracks/"

Jimmy Lisle