611 Return coverage opened my eyes!

Sat Jun 3 20:36:44 EDT 2023

Harry,I don't get over that way very often, but, a few weeks ago I did notice a train stradling the Orange Ave. bridge as we went to one of the grandkids ball game and it was still there hours later when we returned.Jimmy LisleSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: NW Mailing List via NW-Mailing-List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org> Date: 6/3/23  12:42 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org Cc: NW Mailing List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org> Subject: Re: 611 Return coverage opened my eyes!

Jimmy - Have you noticed any "hold-outs" lately at say the boiler shop for southbound Shenandoah Div. traffic or westbounds on the Virginia Division east of Vinton ? Seems that if the road crew has    expired (or is about to), a company shuttle hauls the crew to Shaffers Crossing to go off duty and a rescue crew pulls the train in.   Friday, there were two "hold outs" occupying both main tracks between Vinton and Bonsack.                                                                                     Harry Bundy