Logo stencils on diesel engines

Mon Apr 24 09:13:14 EDT 2023

Based on the info below, I have a question about painting the railroad logo on the sides of locomotives.

With NW or NS logos, did a stencil have to be developed for each model of locomotive to fit around doors, hinges, vents, etc. so that there wasn't overspray when painting the logo on the hood?
I remember seeing the stencil used on the Top Gon cars that fit tight around the vertical frames. I presume the same applies to locomotives as well. I can imagine a lot of stencils had to be prepared for each locomotive model being painted.

Phil Miller