Pevler Blue

Sat Apr 1 09:02:22 EDT 2023

 If I remember correctly, my uncle Campbell (who was operator at Tug Tower) told me in the summer of 1965 that he had seen a couple of the 500's go west that were painted blue. I did not believe him at the time, but have sinse learned that he was right. This was before blue became standard. Presumably, N&W was sending them west to pull ex Wabash trains, and painted them to match the Wabash equipment.
Jim Nichols