Boaz Siding

Sat Mar 18 15:46:41 EDT 2023

That is a nice image. Make the siding long enough for the 2300 (w aux
tender) and a Y6 (w/o aux tender) and that should be about right. I've
seen video or photos of both in the siding at once. Note the willow from
this angle. Looks like it had two large branches; one northward facing
and one southward. Pretty amazing that the handrail remains in great
shape 65 years after this photo.

John Garner

I thought I'd follow up your email, since I found an archive photo taken
from the same spot as your westward looking image.
Of note in this image, Y6 2124 is coming off the siding and there is a
second pusher on the siding in the background.  2124 has an air line
aftercooler radiator (I always find those interesting). And notice the
fine wire tied to the railing (difficult to see) to make sure the guy
aligning the switch doesn't step back and fall into the culvert.

Mike Rector