Builder Plate Conundrum - photo

Sun Feb 27 16:41:10 EST 2022

Jim, I had thought of that idea too. It's a good one.

i.e. when the G 2-8-0 #256 was converted to G2 #256 0-8-0T in 1920 -
that they created a new ROA Shops plate reflecting the reuse of boiler
No.47 (or just smokebox) off F #169 2-8-0 with the original frame and
running gear off G #256. However, I had always assumed that a builder
plate reflected BOTH the boiler's no. and boiler's built date. Maybe
this plate is different/unique.

Here's the arrangement drawing for the standard Class G 0-8-0T switcher.
This is NOT a G2. Note: No room for a dynamo between the headlight and
stack.

https://www.nwhs.org/archivesdb/detail.php?ID=33110

Mike, Sorry about that. Here's the link to 'after' (i.e. the only loco
in the G2 Class)

https://www.nwhs.org/archivesdb/detail.php?ID=72444

For 'before' just search Class F or G photos in database.

John Garner

Perhaps I missed it, but can someone attach pictures of the before and
after locomotives in question so this  discussion will be easier to
follow?

Mike Rector

On Sun, Feb 27, 2022 at 8:17 AM NW Mailing List <nw-mailing-list at
nwhs.org>