Mines serviced by both N&W and C&O?

Thu Jan 21 11:57:36 EST 2021

Not a silly question at all! Please forgive me for such a long wait. I was wanting to answer earlier, but it slipped my mind. Thanks for the reminder.

When it came to jointly served mines before the Virginian merger, the only ones I am aware of were along the modern day Levisa Branch in Eastern Kentucky. C&O and N&W battled it out for years, but eventually N&W prevailed. My buddy Chase has a pretty long video on the history of the Levisa Branch, including the story of N&W vs C&O in the area. I hope it can answer your questions.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-mLzsgjvIfk

-Evan Miller