No "call for signals" at train order stations after 1931

Sat Jul 18 16:05:18 EDT 2020

Abram,

This info may be of some use:

_N&W 1926 Annual Report_

AUTOMATIC TRAIN CONTROL.
Automatic train control between Roanoke and Shenandoah, Va., a distance
of 132 miles, including
automatic signals, wayside train control apparatus, transmission line
and engines operating with train
control device, was completed and placed in operation January 1st, 1927.
Automatic train control
has now been installed on the entire Shenandoah Division of your
Company's line, extending from
Roanoke, Va., to Hagerstown, Md., a distance of 239 miles.

_N&W 1927 Annual Report_

Automatic signals were installed between Roanoke, Va., and
Winston-Salem, N. C., Bluefield,
W. Va., and Norton, Va., Tug Junction and Auville Yard and Dry Fork
Junction and Auville
Yard, W. Va.

Gordon Hamilton