Accident reports

Sat Jun 20 11:41:17 EDT 2020

Rick's note reminded me that when Bob Bowers and I were writing the caboose
book for the Society, I traveled to the ICC Library in Washington, DC
several times for research.  At that time my focus was on building a roster
of the earliest cabooses and the ICC Library contained an extensive
collection of the Official Railway Equipment Registers.  I didn't really
have time to browse the rest of the collection but it was extensive.  I
think the information Rick received is probably correct; as I understand
it, some material was shipped to a University (I think in Colorado but
might be wrong); one can only hope that there is material that just hasn't
been scanned yet, but I would hold my breath.

Jim Brewer