N&W trucks list

Thu Jun 18 16:44:00 EDT 2020

All,

If the moderators have permitted, attached you will find a comprehensive
list of N&W Truck Classifications.  This document was forwarded to me by
the late Andrew Dow; no doubt Mr. Dow had obtained it from NS when he was
researching and writing his book on N&W Coal Cars.  I have no knowledge as
to the cut-off date for this list; so it may also include truck
classifications beyond 1982.  However, a quick search in the NWHS Archives
reveals that Truck Class T-42R is a 4 wheel passenger truck circa 1927.  So
this list includes freight as well as passenger trucks. Please remember to
add T- in front of the number listed in the "TRK CLS" column of the
attachment when searching the NWHS Archives.

I am not certain how many drawings of the truck side frames, as well as the
other details, are in the NWHS Archives.

I agree with Jim Nichols that it would be nice for someone to compile a
list of N&W Truck Classifications and suggested matches for models in the
various scales.  Perhaps this is a project for the model committee.

I hope the attached document is useful.

Jim Brewer