The Tennessean

Mon May 11 21:02:27 EDT 2020

The big question is are you asking about as delivered or later in service?

Here is a video I would say is as delivered:      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJIRkYVHesc <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJIRkYVHesc>

The 4-6-2 Pacific 1380 handled the train DC to Lynchburg where is passed to the N&W for movement to Bristol,VA/TN.  From there  the train was handled by either E7’s of PA locomotives.  As passenger cars got shopped on the Southern many did get the roof and trucks painted black.

> What color were the roofs and trucks of The Tennessean as pulled by the J’s. I have read that the Southern’s standard called for back, and have certainly seen photos with black, but I have also seen several photos in which they appear to be silver. Were they delivered this way and painted black later on?
>

> Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone <https://overview.mail.yahoo.com/?.src=iOS>

James Wall
Rural Hall, NC