Time change

Tue Feb 18 15:27:10 EST 2020

Mike,

Simply put, we don't. As someone who works over a division that lies within
the limits of two civil timezones. We refer to the subdivision time table.
At the bottom of the first page is a note that says 'Central Continental
Time in effect on this subdivision' etc. Thus the entire subdivision
operates as if it were solely within the central time zone. Usually the RR
will try and keep an entire crew district under the same time zone. For
example I work in Alliance, NE in the Mountian time zone. The Sand Hills
subdivision to Ravenna, NE operates into the Central time zone however it
is covered by crews out of alliance so the subdivision was considered
mountain time. In late 2016 the railroad ran through Ravenna to Lincoln
which meant the crew district now traversed two subs. The Ravenna sub and
the Sandhills sub. The entirety of the Ravenna sub lies in the central time
zone and thus operated on CT. Now with this huge 367 mile crew district
what time zone do we use? Well considering 2/3 of the run is in the central
time zone the railroad put out a notice that the Sandhills sub would now
operate on Central time as well.

I hope this helps,
Nathan Simmons