Question about the bridge in "Triple-Header steam on trestle"

Mon Jan 6 15:24:07 EST 2020

I’m no expert on this Matt. But I believe that they poured concrete piers to reinforce the original wooden bents.

Today, the branch is gone, and when converting it to a trail, the built a new bridge with new piers in front of the original concrete piers, which still stand.

Of interest to Virginian fans, on top of the hill behind the bridge, now hidden mostly by trees, is one of the Virginian’s transmission line towers.

Ken Miller