ex NKP & Wabash passenger cars

Mon Aug 19 20:38:30 EDT 2019

Harry, Larry, or anyone else:

Thanks for info on SOU train 18.

Does anyone have a record, memory, or seen a photo of SOU train 18 of May 1, 1971 between Bristol and Lynchburg? It had never occurred to me that another passenger train, besides No.4,  may have passed through Roanoke on 5-1-71. Did it proceed or follow No.4? Ken Miller seems to remember that No.4 departed late that day. That would mean 4 left close to the scheduled departure time for 18 that Larry references below. Many photos/videos have been published of the NW Passenger Extra and 2nd No.4 of 5-1-71 but I've never seen a photo of No. 18 same date.

Any info/photo would be intriguing.

John Garner, Newport VA