Any Shenandoah Valley Line experts around?

Tue Jul 30 16:05:33 EDT 2019

Thank you Harry and Ray. To go along with those photos, I also have the
record albums that were recorded along the way. Some were done on the
last run of the Pocahontas.

If you can read it, the last track is of an NYC Niagara! I wasn't impressed.

The trips where the Class J whistle is used sound much better than the
that whistle that was on the 759, whatever it was.

Jimmy Lisle

Jimmy::
Jim Wren's book *Steam's Camelot* won't verify the date, but my
copy of H. Reid photos made at Lithia and Natural Bridge Station were
dated November 4, 1968.  The NKP 2-8-4 was northbound en
route to Shenandoah. I believe it was the previous week end when
the 2-8-4 ran Roanoke to Lamberts Point via the Altavista District
and returned to Roanoke on Sunday.
Harry Bundy