H6 hopper

Mon Jan 28 09:41:02 EST 2019

Lois,

According to Andrew Dow's N&W Coal Cars, page 98, footnote 4, this class
designation was given to hopper cars that received heavy repairs in 1944
for the Interstate Railroad.

As you are probably aware, here is what the NWHS Archives has:

http://www.nwhs.org/archivesdb/listdocs/select.php?index=rs&id=2190

Note the first entry is a stenciling diagram for the Interstate; my guess
is there weren't any N&W lettered hopper cars with a Class H6 designation.

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD