Ex-Wabash domes

Thu Jul 5 16:03:03 EDT 2018

The Bluebird was built by Budd with 3 dome coaches and a dome parlor observation. Later, Pullman built a smooth side dome parlor for the Bluebird and even later a smooth side dome coach for pool service on the City of St. Louis. The Rapido dome is a Budd ( a la the Bluebird cars) although the window arrangement is a little different from the actual Wabash cars.
Jim Nichols

 While looking at the preorder listing sent today I looked again at the upcoming Rapido dome cars.  The Rapido car is listed as a Budd prototype and the N&W cars were Pullman.  This is not a problem for me.
However my question is - When did the two domes lose their fluted sides and receive the smooth sides?

James WallRural Hall, NC