Two Axle Scale Test cars

Thu Mar 22 10:16:56 EDT 2018

Jimmy,
I assume it was there to check the scales at the shredder, but anything is possible!
Jeff Sanders

On 3/21/2018 11:21 PM, NW Mailing List via NW-Mailing-List wrote:

 FYI, I just found a photo of the 2-axle Scale Test Car in the July 1956 N&W Mag., page  408, It shows the car being calibrated in the Scale Shop at East Roanoke Shop.  Also, last Saturday, I had to make a trip to Lynchburg and noticed that same Scale Test Car at the scrap yard at Montvale.

 Thank you Jeff. I'll look it up when I can. I wonder if the car is being used by the scrap yard or actually being scrapped?

 Jimmy Lisle