No.7

Wed Aug 17 20:15:27 EDT 2016

Larry,

Seems like there is a crying need for substitute whistles, bells and gages for display locomotives. On 433 I worked with the folks by photographing and printing out the gage faces which were installed in look-alike metal housings. Perhaps wooden whistle replicas and bells could be created by talented wood-workers. Your concerns are real, of course, but just letting them sit there awaiting the thieves seems unwise.

Also, Abingdon recognized the value of 433 by having a proper steel framed shed erected along with a heavy ductile iron fence and lighting for protection against the elements and the unsavory. Saltville did similar with No. 11 etc. Likewise, Elizabethton with their fireless. Surely No. 7 deserves the same.

Respectfully,

Mike Pierry, Jr.

Sent from my iPad