K locomotives on the N&W main line

Sun Dec 6 20:53:02 EST 2015

Frank,
The K class locomotives after the last three J's were built often served as protection in the event a J was not available. They also worked the Norfolk to Petersburg "Cannonball" (ACL train), local No. 23 (Roanoke to Williamson mail and express I think), and a Roanoke to Petersburg local train. In Norfolk and Western in Color Volume 1 they have a picture of a K2 on the Powhatan Arrow.

Very Respectfully,
Joseph Congemi