N&W Seniority Districts

Sun Jul 19 03:19:12 EDT 2015

Hey Gang,
I'm curious as to if anyone knows how the N&W divided Seniority districts?

Out here currently on BNSF conductors have system wide seniority (with
exception of the 'North Lines'). Engineers however still use the 'old'
system. The 'Old' system being what the BN and the Santa Fe each used
before the merger. This seniority system is essentially a divison type
system on the BN and a Sub-Division system on the old ATSF. On the BN
out engineers districts are EN01-EN20 something. I'm currently based in
EN09 which consists of 9 terminals ranging from Ravenna, NE to Sheridan,
Wy and Greybull, WY to Sterling, CO back before the merger and system
wide conductor seniority this is the same system the conductors used.
The old ATSF however had a system where pretty much if you were on say
roster 235 you were a Gallup Sub engineer. 255 you were a Colorado Joint
line engineer. Essentially your roster was just for the subdivision that
you worked. I am unsure how the ATSF did conductor seniority.

Now all this western stuff out the way, I'm curious. How did N&W set up
their seniority districts and were they different for the crafts of
trainmen and enginemen?

Thanks,
Nate

--