Powhatan Arrow ca 1989

Mon May 4 14:26:46 EDT 2015

Sorry Grant. The picture Mike had was actually my idea for a trip, it was called by at least one person, Miller's Folly, as that person (now deceased) thought it would never sell. Hah, sold out in less than three weeks.

It was a recreation, as close as could be reasonable done, of the Arrow, in commemoration of the 40th anniversary of the arrival of the new equipment in 1949. We used every available Arrow coach, no diner, but or Tuscan red ex-GN No. 1148 stood in, and our round end observation ex IC No. 3305 subbed for the overseas boat tail lounge cars. I specifically ask for,  no tool car, no auxiliary tender.

It was a Walton turn in the morning, and Lynchburg turn in the afternoon. And, yes, the drumhead was replaced with a Powhatan Arrow one I made for the trip, and I think I still have somewhere.

It was September of 1989, I don't have the exact date at hand, it was rainy that morning, but cleared the afternoon.

I probably have the consist and transportation orders in my files somewhere, but it was about 10 cars as I recall.

There was, along about that time a charter for some group to Radford, maybe some military or veterans group, I'd have to dig though my notes to find it.

Ken Miller