Powhatan Arrow ca 1989

Mon May 4 12:51:45 EDT 2015

Actually, I seem to recall a charter (beverage distributors?) excursion
to Walton. It was a rare (only?) excursion of the 611 with maybe five
N&W coaches and the Mardi Gras. The first coach, maybe two, may have had
the original sealed windows and were coupled directly behind the
tender--no auxiliary tender, no tool car. An exceptionally photogenic
train on a cloudy, light rain, saturated color kind of day, but with no
publicity and no chase entourage. I seem to remember the usual Roanoke
Chapter drumhead (?) was replaced with the Powhatan Arrow.

Grant Carpenter