Beyond the Appilachians

Thu Feb 5 17:39:10 EST 2015

Probably, the reason WM units were on those trains: There is a  military
depot, Letterkenny, near Chambersburg, PA. WM had a locomotive working  that
facility most everyday & the depot is connected to the WM  main. We
occasionally see a DOD train in the CSX yard in Hagerstown, MD going to  a military
facility. The cars are either enclosed or covered with a tarp unless  they
are hauling vehicles/tanks, they are on the open flat cars. Usually there  is
a DOD caboose (with  guards).                Terry Marshall

In a message dated 2/5/2015 4:26:35 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,