N&W SD40 1580

Tue Dec 23 14:27:54 EST 2014

Merry Christmas everyone and I'm glad to say N&W's 1st SD40 is planned to be restored to operational condition again by NS's Altoona Works!  Southern's first SD40, the 3170 is first and is getting restored back to working order and getting her Southern tuxedo back, I'm hoping the 1580 gets the as delivered blue scheme.  Both are planned to be donated to museums after they are restored.  Such a nice gift to us N&W and SOU fans this Christmas!
-Evan Miller