2156 ready to move - VIDEO

Thu Oct 23 18:13:56 EDT 2014

Were my NW friends drooling as they watched ?  Hope to cover the
departure with both still and video.
Best information - two weeks from now.  Technical point - 2156 main
rods have been dropped for the move;
the side rods will remain in place.  The FT A and B units are two of
the four original four unit, 5400 hp set
which, in 1939, proved the performance of the diesel-electric in main
line freight service.  My own choices for
other significant pieces in the collection; C&O 2727, a 2-8-4 (classic
super power);  the original PRR P-5
boxcab 2-C-2 electric;  the 2-2-2 "Black Diamond", the only steam
inspection locomotive in existance;  a rare
19th century Winians 4-6-0 camelback;  and SF #5111, a modern Texas
type with 74 inch drivers.

Mark, thanks for posting the video.
      Jerry Crosson, St. Peters MO