St. Louis MOT engine trade/loan

Sat May 31 19:12:43 EDT 2014

On 5/31/2014 2:26 PM, NW Mailing List wrote:
> OK I am dreaming....but what if NS stepped up its game and restored
> it...Big Boy and the Y....I will dream about this on my Verde Railroad
> excursion today!
>
> What happened to the N'S steam program anyhow?

It was a huge loss of money with no appreciable return, and as soon as
the CEO who wanted it retired, it was scrapped.  Pretty much what I
expect to see happen the day Wick Moorman retires, which is why I do not
have very high hopes for the future of 611 as anything more than a
museum display.

--
Kenneth Rickman
Salisbury, NC

One thing about trains: It doesn't matter where they're going.  What matters is deciding to get on.

---