More CPL's Coming Down

Wed Apr 16 13:11:58 EDT 2014

As Gordon points out, there is a CPL for Link Museum, VMT has one in front of it and there is one working on Roanoke's Railwalk, that would be three public signals in Roanoke. In addition, I know of several more in private hands in the Roanoke area, including myself.

The signal is like anything else within the full size railroad world, it requires maintenance and time and effort. It would seem to me that with three (on or to be on display) in the area, that really does not seem to fit with the Society's direction and needs. In addition, putting one up in front of the archives is like waving a red flag at rock throwers, BB gun shooters and the like to bust out those lens!

Ken Miller