HSWV book

Wed Apr 16 13:08:21 EDT 2014

To Norfolk and Western Historical Society Mailing List participants:

The following message from Nelson Harris, board member of the Historical
Society of Western Virginia, addressed to the Board members and staff of
the HSWV describes a forthcoming book that should be of interest to all
Norfolk and Western Railway historians.

Gordon Hamilton

*Subject:* HSWV book

Dear All,

I thought I would share with you the book cover for the upcoming title on
the African-American heritage with the N&W Railway. This is an outgrowth of
the “Cotton to Silk” oral history project. You will note at the top right
corner of the front cover the HSWV is recognized. As I shared yesterday,
this is being published by History Press, a commercial publisher, and they
will handle printing, distribution, inventory, etc., and costs associated
with the same.
Nelson

Moderator:

PDF cover of "African American Roanoke Workers of Roanoke - Oral Histories
of the Norfolk & Western"