Mechanical Engineer Names

Wed Apr 9 10:00:54 EDT 2014

Hello to all!
I am new to this. My 4th grade son is doing a project on the N&W J class 611. This project has the potential to go to the Orange (County, Virginia) Historical Society if it "wins."
He has been trying to find out more about the designers of this fine steam engine. All we can come up with is 'Norfolk & Western Mechanical Engineers' with no names. He feels it is important to acknowledge the hard work of these men and women by name.
Names, Biographies, Stories ..... anything... would be very helpful and most appreciated!
Thanks in advance for your help.
Evette Yates