Dunlow station

Sat Mar 22 10:52:56 EDT 2014

Lois,

Many years ago the Society had a "Kenova" convention, which was actually in Huntington.  One of the activities was a bus trip that covered part of the Twelve Pole Line; I remember stopping to view a former station that was now a  residence; I believe it was Dunlow but not sure since I didn't take any photos.  I'm sure someone else can chime in with more info.

Jim Brewer

Sent: Friday, March 21, 2014 6:03:06 PM
Subject: Dunlow station

I had been looking at the satellite images of Dunlow, WV after looking at the article on the Twelve Pole Line in the N&WHS magazine in 1986. (This was years before it became The Arrow). I noticed a station-like building on a back road off WV 152. The street view on Google Maps does not work on the back road, and I have my suspicion that this might be the Dunlow station. This is something that deserves a closer look. I might note as well that in the 1986 article, it was noted that the Dunlow station was being used as a private residence.
Lois J.Ponton
N&W steam historian

Sent from my Galaxy S®III